Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Technology Is Definitely My Friend!

I'm fascinated by technology- there is very little that I understand about it, but I love it! I don't understand how text messaging works but I usually have about 900 a month, I totally enjoy texting! Not a fan of talking on the phone- and just incase you're judging me for it just know that I love hanging out with those same people I text with and talking in person.

I have no idea how email really works, but thank God for email, it saves me tons of time not talking on the phone. Email has changed communication by leaps and bounds, I now communicate with family members across the country, and with people in our ministry in Africa. It's amazing how email has connected third world countries to the rest of the world, mind boggling, really!

Consider this blog- I'm a poser, not a real writer, I'm certain that my sentence structure and punctuation is a mess, and yet because I'm able to figure out how to set a blog up and even upload a pretty little background (all for free), I get to have a blog. How amazing is that?

The other tech mystery to me is Skype- how do I call my parents home phone number and instead of them answering the phone they answer the computer and we are face to face with the help of the "web cam". So crazy, so cool!

Having said all that-
Technology... is a queer thing. It brings you great gifts with one hand, and it stabs you in the back with the other. ~C.P. Snow, New York Times, 15 March 1971

1 comment:

  1. i dont get technology, and i usually think i am like a 90 year old who doesn't know how to work anything. you are definitely more tech savy that i... matthew has to start a movie for me, and turn on the wii. the only thing i know how to do on the cimputer is type an email, and do my job at work. beyond that, i am worhtless.

    i like your new background!

    ReplyDelete