Thursday, June 24, 2010

Vacation

I know, you've heard me whine about needing a vacation! Well, I still need a vacation. In a big way... But instead of a real get away we're leaving on Saturday for our family cabins. Though it's still in Colorado it's about 4 1/2 hours away and it will cost as much as a cruise to the Caribbean! Which is seriously annoying to me. I'm letting that go though- I'm not going to be bitter!! The cabins are a wonderfully peaceful place and I do love it there.


The things I love the most is that we go with my brother in law and his wife. They are just like us, really! We love spending time with them, they love good food, they love each other and they think like we do! They both have a great sense of humor and we will laugh the whole week. It's going to be a really good time. And just like us, they think that going to the cabins is a lot of work. We'll all spend way too much money to get there- and I kid you not, it's a lot of money. We'll all spend way too much money on our meals and little trips into town. Then there's the fee we have to pay to the family to make sure that our aunts and uncles are able to pay for the insurance that year. I guess it's a sacrifice that will provide memories for us that are priceless! So, knowing all that~~~~~ I still want to be on a huge boat in the Caribbean! Thing that may happen in October.... Hurricane season!! God have mercy!

2 comments:

  1. i sure wish i was going to the cabins! we want to come next summer... i have been dying to take matthew to the cabins. it feels like a lifetime since i have been there.

    ReplyDelete