Saturday, June 12, 2010

5K

So, okay, I know that running a 5K is no big deal for most people! Sometimes it's not a big deal for me, and sometimes I'm certain that I'll not make it to the end. Today was very interesting-
The race was in a small mountain town at about 8000 ft. I thought that I'd be fine with the altitude, umm, not so much- didn't see that coming! I knew the race was going to take place on a ranch that is not open to the public, beautiful! Why did it not occur to me that there would not be a trail, or that the hills could present some challenge? Then there was the rain, it made all the challenges worth it, a constant drizzel of refreshing rain- complete JOY! I wish I could say that I didn't walk once- I walked several times for a few minutes at a time. I still finished in 39:04. I ran with my boss, she's fun, smart and in better shape than I've ever been in! Oh, she did beat me by a few minutes, I tell myself that she is 10 years younger than me...

2 comments:

  1. good for you anutie! i want to start training for a 5k after asher comes. you will have to come to omaha to do one with me! (lord knows i couldnt do one in the altitude.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melinda, you just let me know when you're ready and I'll be there. Can't think of anything I'd rather do more:)

    ReplyDelete