Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My Favorite Things

Oprah is not the only one who has a few favorite things! Obviously, I'm not Oprah and I don't have her recourses to purchase some of the finer things I'm sure would become "a fav" if I could afford them! But I do have a few favorite things.


Some of my favorite things cost nothing. Like hiking or running in the cool morning air. I love getting up early (though it is hard to get out of bed at 5:10 am) 5 minutes into my run I'm wondering if this is really going to work out... and before I know it Tom Petty has gotten me through the tough part and my muscles are beginning to loosen up and I'm in the groove, a groove where I not only listen to more of Tom and some Santana and of course there’s a lot of Elton going on~ the run is coming to an end and I feel like I've done my old body some good for the day. I love that feeling!

I do love to sweat! Sounds gross doesn't it? But there is nothing better for me than to sweat. Although, I do sweat at some rather inappropriate times recently. Like at the garage sale this weekend.... Why is the biggest question! That's a whole other blog! TMI I'm sure~ sorry!

I love Saturday mornings at home, doing a lot of things and doing nothing... then making tuna sandwiches for David and I for lunch, gotta have Lays potato chips with it, that's a complete Saturday morning for me.

I love a mid week matinee's with my husband. I love movie popcorn with so much butter that it's dripping off my fingers- and of course I have to have a large diet coke and a bag of M&M's. That's the perfect mid week pick me up!

I love dinner with a great glass of wine with my husband after a long day of work.

I love it when my little Layla say's " I miss you and I love you"

I love that my son has an odd admiration for my brothers- the same men I worked so hard to keep him away from when he was a child! Now they have had a huge impact on his life, in a very positive way.

I love that today could have been a really bad day if I hadn't chosen to trust God, but because I made a conscious decision to trust Him and not be in despair, He blessed my mind and heart... I love that!

I love that no matter what disappointments I have in this life I can trust that God see's it all. He knows my heart for my marriage and for my kids and ministry. And that He will work it all according to His will. Nothing will slip by Him..... I love that!

I love food- I'm a serious foody. I am passionate about food, I love a fantastic meal! Especially a great dessert:)

I love people who are passionate, and it really doesn't matter what they are passionate about. Seriously, no matter what your beliefs are, I respect conviction and passion. So no matter what you do in this life, be passionate and committed to what you believe in.

I'd love to know what you're passionate about.

“Nothing great in the world has been accomplished without passion”
                                   ~Georg Wilhelm~

2 comments:

  1. I'm passionate about being passionate. And about people becoming independent rather than sponging off others. That's a big one. But there are a million more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. holly, ha... i just laughed out loud at that becoming independent thing. it seems we know a lot of those people who are still sponging off others.

    my favorite things... an ice cold coke. making a fancy and delicious (and maybe new) 5 course meal and seeing the faces of the people eating it light up. going on walks with my husband. people who love.

    ReplyDelete