Sunday, January 17, 2010

Celebrity Wisdom - Oxy Moron for sure!

I'm wondering why celebrities have so much influence over our society, why do Americans hang on every word of a celebrity? I'm thinking it's just because they are visible, they're on tv, and somehow we assume they must know what they are talking about, right? NOT, please be careful who you listen to- evaluate who they are and how they live their lives before you decide to agree with them. I am curious what others think on this subject- so please weigh in if you have time.


I'm still unsure why we would assume that they have a sound perspective on politics or religion- their lives tend to be full of excess, self-centeredness and greed. These people are as out of touch as most of our politicians.

I see very few that actually make any sense when they speak on either subject. I do have to admit that there are a few who I think do a good work around the world and yet somehow keep their personal views out of what they are doing. I appreciate that. I bet you know who they are...

On a lighter note- we went to see the new movie with Denzel Washington this weekend, The Book of Eli- the best part of the movie was the popcorn with way too much butter and m&m's...my husband would recommend it, I would not. It's just too sad! The entire movie is in shades of gray- it gave me anxiety and there were parts that I just couldn't watch. But if you're curious you should go!

My big excitement in life will start again this week- my daughter goes back to school and we get to watch our precious granddaughter, Layla! Thanks Jenn:)

I do realize that this isn't the most interesting post- hopefully they'll get better the more I do it..

Until next time I leave you with a quote I heard today:

I’ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.
RONALD REAGAN, 1980

1 comment:

  1. I saw The Book of Eli this weekend as well! It is my new favorite movie...I will go again while it is in theaters and I will be there the day it comes out on DVD. Excellent movie!

    ReplyDelete