Sunday, January 3, 2010

A blogger, me? We'll see~

I have two nieces that write the most amazing blogs- I check in every few days to see if they've posted. They are smart, funny, thoughtful and most of all, silly, oh, and both are absolutely beautiful. Somehow they have inspired me. But let me warn you now, I'm not like them!!

So, it's a new year~ 2010, not sure if I’m going to say 010 or twenty ten! What say you?

Every year I consider making a new years resolution...I've been thinking about all those years I made new years resolutions! They usually involved two areas...exercise and God time! Not one year did I ever feel successful in my "resolution". So, needless to say I'm not a fan of the new years resolution. In fact, it is probably one of the most ridiculous ideas ever created. I don't think I know one person who made a resolution and followed through with it. It's a formula for failure! I think I'm finally able to let myself off the hook and do the best I can everyday.

I have a few life philosophies that I have lived by since the birth of our daughter 23 years ago. One of them is that I want to live each day in such a way that I won't have regrets when I'm old. That's not to say that I don't have any regrets, I do~  but what I do have is the peace that I did the best I could do each day, and God's grace is sufficient to cover all those areas that I messed up.

3 comments:

  1. auntie kimberly, beautiful blog. love you, and miss you every day! keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like 20-10 best, Aunt Kimberly. Just to let you know, I resolved that I would have no more new year's resolutions. Wonderful job! I look forward to reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have been saying 010 or oh ten around here. It sounds funny to me and I like it. I like your blog mom. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete