Thursday, March 4, 2010

I Need A Vacation

I've said it a million times- "I need a vacation" Today, I need a vacation like no other time in my life! My stress level seems to be at an all time high! So my vacation daydreaming begins...My idea of vacation is an all-inclusive resort or a Caribbean cruise. I think we'll do a cruise this May. I love the sushi bars, every cruise line has a sushi bar-- and the fancy dessert bars, I eat whatever I want on a cruise, well, I eat whatever I want most of the time but I feel guilty about it, when I'm on vacation I never feel guilty- I especially love laying in the sun reading a great book and sipping my ice water with lemon. I love getting up early and finding my way to the top deck to run laps. The ocean and the breeze are soul soothing and so rejuvenating. Then there’s the midnight buffet- which I've only managed to attend one time.... and we've been on 2 cruises, but if I could stay up that late, or eat that late and not feel like crap the next day I'd do it every night of the cruise. I love people watching, and even meeting some of those people! I love the water, that clear blue water is probably the single most calming thing I've ever experienced. I love to snorkel and eat different food at each port. I love buying silly trinkets for my family and taking silly pictures of David and I. I even love to throw away 20 bucks playing bingo, and spending 8 dollars on that silly drink they hand you when you board. I kind of enjoy watching those people who have had a drink in their hands since they stepped foot on the boat just about faint when they go up to the pursers desk to pay their tab and realize that they've spend 800 dollars on alcohol for the week. Too funny! I'm ready to go on my vacation. NOW! Maybe someday I'll be able to go two times a year!

A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you've been taking. ~Earl Wilson


What's your idea of a vacation?

1 comment:

  1. all our vacations seem to be going to see family, so I'd love a vacation w/o any ulterior motive. I'd love to go somewhere where we don't know anyone and can just do nothing for awhile.

    ReplyDelete