Wednesday, March 10, 2010

All In A Day

Some days are just hard! Today was one of those days. I started off just not feeling like myself, feeling a little anxious because I knew David was going to be doing our taxes, afraid we might have to pay…. And we do! Work was full of interruptions- like every day, but today I just wasn't coping like I usually do. I felt like I didn't do anything well! I fixed computers and posted help wanted ads, sifted through resumes—I’m convinced that some of them had to be a joke! Listened to a few employees complain about something they know nothing about. Served our assistants an appreciation lunch (which I enjoyed)! I dealt with employees who weren't following protocol, at least that was the appearance! Which leads me to the one part of my day that finally brought some much-needed closure to a 13-year mystery. So, for all these years this man has called our office and every time he calls I think he's a woman until he say's "this is John". Now, John looks like a man, but sounds like a woman...it's always really confused me because he's also sooper flamboyant, to further confuse me he's married to a woman! Having said all that, I must tell you that she, the wife is confusing too. She's a woman, but she's unusually butch for a woman that's married to a "man". I'm guessing you're getting the whole picture now, which took me 13 years to figure out. Interestingly enough, John has been on testosterone for the last 10 plus years. Hmmm, John was likely born Joanne, right? So, to sum this up, John and the woman they call "the wife" are lesbians. What the heck...why did it take me so long to figure this out? Mostly, why do they have to be so confusing? Wanna be gay? Fine, great- whatever… just leave all the wacky crap out of it, because the truth is, you look like a confused lost mess!!!
The good news is that my day ended with complete bliss... I came home and ran for 40 minutes on the treadmill, sounds weird but this is so relaxing, and brain numbing, work didn't enter my mind one time. When I got off  I got to see my lovely daughter and her sweet Layla, and the biggest blessing was that they brought my sweet Minna with them, love those girls. To complete this perfect evening David made grilled chicken, baked potatoes and the perfect salad, oh and a yummy glass of wine! Probably should have been on that treadmill for 2 hours to burn off all that food....

Movement is a medicine for creating change in a person's physical, emotional, and mental states.
~Carol Welch
Well, it works for me!

1 comment:

  1. I get a lot of "confusing" candidates coming in for interviews, too. Glad you had fun w/Melinda. We hope to see you soon, too!

    ReplyDelete