Sunday, January 23, 2011

Happiness

"Happiness is a moral virtue" Dennis Prager

So, I don't know why I listen to this guy on the radio but occasionally I come across him- mostly he irritates me with his pseudo morality. But a few days ago I heard him say that happiness is a moral virtue. I have to say that this is probably one of the most profound things I've ever heard.

Happiness is fleeting, really. It seems that we can never really lock it in on a consistent basis. We're good if something is pleasing us at the moment, but when something is uncomfortable we easily loose our happy state.

Happiness is a virtue that I need to work on daily!- My pattern is that I can easily loose my happiness when I get stressed, or as of recent- when I get lonely I suddenly feel very unhappy-

Guess I have a choice to make--- daily!

“Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go”
~Oscar Wilde~
Ha- that's hysterical!

2 comments:

  1. That is a great quote! Declare victory over unhappiness once you open your eyes in the morning. That helps me, at least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No doubt, you'll never read my reply:) but you make my day that you actually read this pointless blog:) Love you always Jesse David Lee Herman!

    ReplyDelete